The Top 3 Things You Can Do To Sell Your House Faster
When listing a house, most people anticipate a timely sale, but certain factors can delay the process, such as location, market conditions, and the property's condition. Outdated or poorly maintained homes may linger on the market, reducing potential profits. Fortunately, sellers can enhance their home's appeal by repainting, decluttering, and staging. Twin brokers Lyndsay Lamb and Leslie Davis, known from HGTV's 'Unsellable Houses,' offer three style tips to expedite the sale:
Give Your Home a New Paint Job:
- A fresh coat of paint in shades of gray and off-white can transform the interior.
- Sellers can undertake this cost-effective project independently or hire professionals for a competitive quote, typically ranging from $300 to $1,000 per room.
Remove Personal Belongings:
- Clearing personal items allows potential buyers to envision the space with their own style.
- Store excess belongings in a garage, shed, or rental unit, with costs varying based on the chosen storage option.
Stage the Space:
- Professional staging enhances the home's visual appeal, but it can be done independently with inspiration.
- Hiring a professional stager, costing between $300 and $700 per room or $1,500 to $4,000 for an entire house, may be beneficial for those with limited design experience.
Implementing these tips can make your home more attractive to buyers, potentially accelerating the selling process and increasing the property's value.
Source: House Digest